Release: SheetMetal Inventor 2020
What’s New in Autodesk Inventor 2020?
The 20-year anniversary release of Inventor introduces numerous design and performance enhancements. Among these is a fresh user interface – the Light Theme – that comes with a new colour scheme, new icons and graphic presets, multi-monitor support, and more.
Get to Know SheetMetal Inventor 2020
We are excited to bring you a release packed with new features and improvements that will help you streamline your design and manufacturing process.
One of the most important new functions will benefit those of you who manufacture sheet metal parts using different machines. You will now be able to define machine-dependent unfold parameters for a component. This makes it possible, for example, to define a DXF with activated bending lines for your bending machine and a DXF without bending lines for your laser machine. Both files will be generated simultaneously at the press of a button.
Here are a few more improvements that you can look forward to when updating to SheetMetal Inventor 2020:
- Support of preferred tools and iParts when unfolding assemblies
- The starting edge can be defined in the component without having to start the unfold command
- New command “Support Package” for easier requests to our support team
- Support for user-defined texts in the NC output
- Introduction of two new cost parameters (number of holes and sum of the cutting length of all holes)
Other improvements include enhanced commands, updated bend line tables, improvements to TruTops BOOST Classic Import, and more.